Pages

Sunday, 2 March 2014

Big Brooks Dam

What a little piece of paradise. We only ended up here because everywhere was booked out, but we were absolutely pleased that it turned out this way. The kids had a bath in the dam after their dusty day – bath time has never been so enjoyable. The following day we saw Pemberton and the famous Glouster tree, which I managed to climb. Ben was most impressed with my efforts to get to the top, which was 54 metres high! I was feeling very brave and courageous too, that is, until I was ¾ of the way up and had to step aside for a 10 year old coming back down the tree! It certainly put me in my place. Glad it was achieved though – and thanks for the inspiration Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you Mandy,and remember, it was 40 years ago when I climbed the tree, so it could be another 10 meters higher now.

    ReplyDelete